Treeworks kit and Capabilities
At treeworks we believe in keeping our equipment up to date and considerable investment has been made over the years to invest in the best.
We continually research the market for new and innovative ways of working and attend trade events throughout Europe.
We work from our custom built wood store at Abernyte which is base. This 500sq metre store holds our firewood and equipment.
Our fleet includes the following:
- Doosan DX140LCR Harvester with SP561LF harvesting head. This machine can fell and process trees upto 60cm.
- Komatsu 830.3 9 tonne forwarder. An efficent machine for extracting timber to roadside with little ground impact.
- Valmet 828 8 tonne forwarder. This is a second forwarder to support the 830 when required.
- Botex 14 tonne low impact secondary extraction trailer. For moving timber to where HGV can acess.
- Farmi 16" Tractor PTO driven chipper which handles all our waste disposal operations.
- A Palms 10 ton forwarding trailer for lighter work.
- A Farmi 6 ton skidding winch for assisted felling and skidding operations.
- A Posch 4 ton wood splitter for home fuel operations.
- A Palax KS43 firewood processor and log deck which can cut and spit logs up to 43cm in diameter.
- A JCB 526S Loadall with timber grab and an access platform to 6 metres. This allows us to work from the platform when ground conditions permit.
- A Valmet 6400 tractor with full forestry guarding, which powers the winch and firewood processor.
- A Valtra A93 which tows forwarding trailer and powers the chipper.
- A full range of equipment and saws all working from our Landrover 90.
- High access and lifting equipement is hired in if and when it is required.